Paid search is challenging enough when you have an unlimited supply of money. Add in a tight budget and you may soon find yourself stressed out and wondering how you will ever generate a positive return on investment.
Despite the myth that you need thousands of dollars to succeed at PPC, nothing could be further from the truth. A small budget may limit what you can do, but it doesn’t mean success is out of reach.
Are you seeking ways to stretch your PPC budget? Here are several tips for doing just that:
1. Focus on one network. You don’t want to spread yourself thin, especially when you are working with a tight budget. Do yourself a favor and choose one network, the one that you know the most about, and rely on it for all your PPC advertising.
2. Find a coupon. Google Ads, for example, is always mailing free coupons. These can also be found online. With these, all you have to do is commit a particular amount of money and the program will either match you or provide a bonus. Free money is free money no matter how you look at it.
3. Reduce your number of keywords. The more keywords you have the more money you will spend. Furthermore, this also requires greater attention to detail. You don’t want to spend all your time monitoring campaigns. Instead, you want to get to the point where you are focused on making tweaks to boost your ROI.
4. Don’t stick with something that isn’t working. Regardless of experience, there will be times when you fall flat with a PPC campaign. This is to be expected. When this happens, don’t stay on the same path. Pause the keywords that aren’t working and move onto others.
5. Track, track, and track some more. Your web analytics will be your best friend. You need to know what’s working, what isn’t, and which changes you can make to improve your chance of success in the future. It takes time to understand what you are looking at, so continue to track and review your analytics every day. At some point, you will gain a clear understanding of exactly what to focus on.
With these five tips in mind, you can stretch your PPC budget with success.